What Is Delta 8 THC?
Posted on February 1st, 2022 to Delta-8
The Remarkable Delta-8
Delta-8 is not new on the CBD and THC market, but it has recently gained popularity. Several companies and brands are marketing and producing their Delta-8 products. However, people usually confuse Delta-8 with Cannabidiol (CBD) even though it is quite different from CBD. Unlike CBD, Delta-8 contains psychotropic properties.
Delta-8 is also famous as the degraded form of THC. This fact is because when you store THC for a specific time, it degrades into Delta-8.
There is much more to learn about Delta-8; Therefore, continue reading this write-up. We have gathered basic information about Delta-8, its effects, and its legal stature.
What is Delta-8?
Delta-8 is a naturally occurring compound that producers derive from hemp. It has a chemical structure similar to Delta-9 THC, which is the main psychoactive component of cannabis. However, there are significant differences between the effects of these two compounds.
Does Delta-8 cause a high?
Since Delta-8 has a chemical structure similar to Delta-9 THC, it produces a euphoric high, but it is much milder than that caused by Delta-9 THC. According to users of Delta-8, this mellow high is relaxing and calming. Depending on the dose, a lower amount will cause an enhancement in mood, focus, and energy, and a higher dose will be sleep-inducing and can relieve pain. In addition, the ‘brain fog’ and paranoia associated with Delta-9 THC are not common side effects of Delta-8. Therefore, the high caused by Delta-8 will not make you feel as if you are not in control.
What benefits does Delta-8 have?
- Pain relief: Research has shown that Delta-8 effectively relieves chronic pain and inflammation. A study found that Delta-8 significantly reduced corneal pain and inflammation when applied topically. Our Delta-8 salve is a topical that treats pain induced by different reasons, including neuropathy, arthritis, Alzheimer’s disease, multiple sclerosis, or just simple muscle tension.
- Anxiolytic effects: According to The National Cancer Institute, Delta-8 has anxiolytic properties and could be an effective treatment for anxiety and stress.
- Improved cognitive functioning: Studies have shown that Delta-8 can improve overall brain health. It stimulates the release of neurotransmitters, creates new brain cells, and could be a part of treating Parkinson’s and Alzheimer’s disease.
- Improvement in appetite and digestion: Research has found that Delta-8 is much more effective than Delta-9 THC in increasing appetite. Studies have shown that it supports digestion and subsides feelings of nausea. Due to these reasons, Delta-8 helps treat eating disorders and digestive issues.
- Addiction treatment: A study found that Delta-8 has excellent potential for treating nicotine dependence. It remarkably reduced withdrawal symptoms and is considered a treatment for other addictive drugs.
- Sleep regulation: The mellow high caused by Delta-8 helps produce sedative and sleep-inducing effects. Due to this, it could treat sleep disorders such as insomnia and might be a suitable replacement for addictive sleep medications.
Is Delta-8 legal?
Delta-8 is legal in a large number of states within the US. The 2018 Farm Bill allowed use of hemp and its extracted compounds as long as the THC concentration remains below 0.3% and our Delta-8 products comply with this law. It is crucial to make sure any Delta-8 products you consume have been lab-tested and come with a certificate of analysis. We are transparent with our customers and provide them with high-quality products and detailed information about the products.
Can Delta-8 be used for animals?
Like us, our furry friends also go through ailments such as pain associated with certain diseases like cancer or arthritis, pain related to old age, and anxiety and trauma from past experiences. Administration of Delta-8 could help to relieve pain in animals and reduce the stress associated with anything, including change of environment, traveling, or even abuse/neglect. Many pets that shelters have rescued have a traumatic history of neglect, abuse, or starvation. These issues could cause behavioral problems. Delta-8 could help to relieve pets from this anxiety. It could also help them calm down, relax and have a good night’s sleep.
Contact us for a free consultation from our in-house licensed pharmacist, Dr. Peggy, to discuss what options are best for you. We specialize in custom compounding to meet your specific health needs.